Nov 19, 2007

Imagine that you wake up at 4:15am and you're on the road in about an hour. You're tired because you only slept for 2 and a half hours the night before, your eyes are hurting and you're nervous because you don't like being in a car with a random driver, especially not in the mountains where there's a ton of snow and the roads are icy. Exactly! That wasn't a good start of my saturday but the thought of being in the beautiful mountains of Slovakia kept me excited enough to still want to go. Do you know how quiet it was over there? You go out and you hear nothing. You sleep at night and you don't wake up because you hear no noises! You go out and "all" there is to catch your eye is the beauty of the creation and if you're me you freak out about two dogs coming your direction. Forget about the dogs, Be still, and know that I am GOD(PS 46:10). So I shut up and listened.

6 comments:

Ande Truman said...

I look at that picture and I am automatically there! Mmmm... the sound of silence is such a lovely and rare occurrence. Glad you got some of it. When you see something gorgeous God has created, sometimes the only thing one CAN do is just shut up, like you said. I look at your pictures and descriptions and think, "How on earth can someone NOT believe that God (if not, something higher) created all of this? Impossible!" Oh by the way, I sent your landscape picture to some friends and people at work and they all freaked out ;) Keep at it, and keep "shutting up", if ya' know what I mean....

Anonymous said...

remember that God made the dogs, too:)

Anonymous said...

Eliska! I know.. but I can't believe it... I think dogs are fallen angels.

Seggi said...

clovek sa citi az neprirodzene ked je zrazu vsade naokolo ticho, nie? :)Mna to riadne vyvadza z miery, ale ked sa raz naucim 'shut up and listen' tak to bude super!!! :) - profile pic je uzasny

Marianna Dodeková said...

dik za linku na tvoj blog! konecne mozem vidiet co vystrajas :-). inak tvoja fotka v profile je fajnaaa!

Anonymous said...

Musim sa pridat - aj mne sa velmi paci tvoja profile pic!!!!a posli mi nejake pics z mountains please, sak uz ani neviem ako vyzera moja rodna zem:)