Aug 12, 2008

my time is almost over

Today felt almost like September at home. It wasn't hot, it was kinda windy and now it's raining. Feels like I should start getting ready for Jarmok. One thing that I missed this summer was being able to wear jeans and sweatshirts or long sleeve shirts. Not that I would be able to wear them much at home but I have a feeling I'd be able to do it a little more. I went on a hike this morning and enjoyed it. Had a nice view of Atlanta from the top of the "mountain".
I haven't written much at all in the past couple of weeks. It's not because I have nothing to say. It's because I have too much to say and I'm trying to process everything that went on this summer. I started my "vacation" time on Saturday and spent the weekend in Chattanooga with Bo and Brynne and I had some nice time with the Lesondaks. I'm in Marietta now and will be spending my last days here. I'm trying not to think about packing and the long flight home (especially the part where there's nothing under us but the ocean), I'm trying to figure out how the heck am I going to find a teaching job one week before school starts, I'm wondering if God wants me in Trnava or if He has some other awesome plan for me. I'm thinking... Asking God if my desires are part of the puzzle that reads: HIS WILL. But get this - all of this going on and at the same time I'm able to sit on the bed and listen to the rain and be at peace.
For great is YOUR love, reaching to the heavens; YOUR faithfulness reaches to the skies.

1 comment:

Ande Truman said...

I'm with you- I can't wait to start wearing sweatshirts (and boots) again.

It's good to hear you're at peace despite the inevitable upcoming stressful situations! Keep at it.