Jun 8, 2008

first Sunday at CMPC

Dear all,
I just want to report shortly on how life is here at my new church and home for the summer. I live with the Bishops. Ujo Bob is on a missions trip in Peru and so it's just me and teta Chris in the house. They live in a nice neighbourhood, have a cute house and they're nice people. Well, I haven't met ujo yet but people say he's pretty cool so I believe them. I met about million new people and I'm slowly trying to remember names and put those names together with faces. Let me tell you - it's hard! But I'll work on that. It's been miserably hot the past few days. But everyone said that that's how it's going to be the whole summer so I'm not that surprised. We're starting the Missions Camp tonight at 6:30. I'm excited. I don't even remember the last time I went camping. Ok, I do. But it was a long time ago. Please, pray that I'll get to know the students better and that I can start growing good friendships with them. Also pray that I don't forget to be open and let them get to know me. I have a tendency to be a little closed to new people, not sure if you noticed... (joke). That's all for now.
Oh one more thing. I now officially know all Miriam's siblings. Jason and his wife are cool and they have very cute kids.
Let me know how you're doing and what's going on in our Trnava and in you life, please. Peace!

1 comment:

Ande Truman said...

First of all, bless you child, for camping out in the woods in the middle of a crazy heat wave. Wow. May the force be with you.

Hmm I guess I didn't have a 'second'. Oh, here we go, have you seen the Marshmallow Game on our beloved talk show? If not, remind me to show you. It made me cry I laughed so hard.