Apr 12, 2008

KPM 2008

As some of you know I went to a conference last week. KPM is a conference for youth leaders in Slovakia. People from all different denominations come and spend the weekend at Dom Odborov in Zilina participating in seminars, listening to speeches, worshiping the Lord together. It's a pretty cool conference. I have to say that this year's conference probably wasn't the best conference ever. I loved the speakers and I enjoyed my seminars, I met old friends, I met new people (WOW, right?). But there's something else that I personally need to be able to enjoy these things 100%. I need to sleep at night. I need to be rested when I wake up in the morning. See the picture below? That was my bedroom for the weekend. Slept on the floor in one big room with another... um... probably about 200 girls! Yeah, it was pretty misserable. Thanks Kris for the mat! I think it saved my life!

Another thing that I personally need to be happy is a shower. Let me paint the picture of the situation at the conference - ONE shower for boys, ONE shower for girls!!! Are you thinking that's crazy and wrong? Yeah, it is! And I had to be in one room with those people.
Food is not that important because you can always go to Tesco or a gas station and get something but I can't help it and have to mention that food was really not good this year. I think the breakfast food Marek and I bought at Tesco was like the best I ate that weekend!
I don't want to mention only the negative things of that weekend. I met Dave Patty (Director of Josiah Venture) and had a nice conversation with him while eating dinner at not so nice Greek Restaurant. I got to work at a Cafe and enjoyed it a lot. I didn't really get to make coffee because the coffee machine was too small and there was another person making coffees so.. anywyas. I met my SPM (Skola pre pracovnikov s mladezou - "School for youth ministry leaders") people. It was nice to see them and talk to them and hear what's happening in their lives.
All that said I was happy to be back home, being the only person in my room, eating Paula's food!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm always happy to save your life....

Anonymous said...

a co peti, veterinar tam bol;)??

Petra said...

Fi, no nebol. A pravdupovediac som na neho uz aj pozabudla... Sak tusim on bol jediny co tam nebol.. skoda!

Petra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Seggi said...

moja oblubena pesnicka na screene ;)

Petra said...

no jasan a este k tomu to prave vediet Mito Toth..

Seggi said...

ano??? to som si ani nevsimla este! idem kuknut este raz. jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaj jake cool ;)