Mar 28, 2008

other fun facts about my Slovak lessons

- I have a shirt that says Mississippi. One day Kristian looked at my shirt and read: "Mississippi." He thought for a second and said: "Slečna Issippi". Slečna means Miss as in Miss Petra is a teacher - Slečna Petra je učiteľka. Since then Kristian likes to call me Slečna Issippi. How sweet!

- Lately there have been drawings appearing on the white board that we use for class. Guess who secretly draws them when I'm not looking?

- Kris loves his boys and he expresses it in a very unique way.

- Final note - The boys often shock me by how much they kow. I ask a question thinking: "There's no way they remeber this. I'd never want to study Slovak." And then they get all the endings and tenses right and I just can't but wonder - Did I teach you that?!

3 comments:

Ande Truman said...

First, I like the random Italian-esque boot island chilling off the edge of Europe...

The boys shock you at how much they know the tenses; well I'm sure I'll shock you at how quickly I'll forget them and need to constantly be reminded of them like a ree-ree.

I'll go ahead and comment on "Question" while I'm at it... NO, you're not weird to assume that the leader of a meeting should lead the meeting. :)

Anonymous said...

You are living dangerously, Pet'a....

Seggi said...

tie kresby su super!! Slecna Issipi :D